Sea Kayak Skills Weekends & Proactive Paddler Courses
This course is aimed at paddles who are building from the Explore Award to the Sea Award and who are members who have no desire to lead but want to be more involved as a group member and want to know what to do if things go wrong. We call this ‘being a casualty rather than a victim’. It is also ideal for folk who want a refresher on rescues and current techniques and what is current best practice.
Over the two days we will cover
- To be better prepared for when things go wrong
- What to do if things go wrong to you or to a group member
- What is the leader thinking about
- Incident Management where should I be? What should I do?
- Practice rescues in real but safe situations
- Check our Events Calendar for Dates and Prices.